Sunday, June 14, 2009

Changes... What next?

So the past few weeks have challenged me to take a look at all the things that need to change in my life.
First: Busy. Stephanie once wrote a post on her blog about being busy. I agree with her. Busy is not what I want to be. I am beginning to despise the word and the description of my life. I want to have time - not just for me, but for people, relationships, quiet, rest and so much more. So much more BUT NOT BUSY.
Second: The job. I don't know all the details and how it's all going to work out, but I believe that next year will be different from this past year. In some ways, I am very happy about that, and in other ways, it is hard to go through unknown change.
Third: Family. We are all converging on Texas. Some of us permanently. The folks are finally in. They are unpacking and getting settled. Slowly but surely. My brother, his wife and my nephew are all coming to visit. It's going to be an exciting time. This will be my first time to meet my nephew, Erza, and my parents' first time meeting their first grandbaby/son.
The things to come. I am starting a new Bible study on Hosea. I'm learning to cook - almost each night. I'm hoping to start working out more. I am prioritizing longer quiet times and study times. David and I have agree to start cutting out t.v. We've agreed on no t.v. one night a week - with that number growing each month.
Things that have recently changed - our bedroom set, my computer, my reading, church, my diet, grocery shopping, shower head, guest room, pillows, green tea, friends getting married. OK, that's the quick summary.
Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment