Here is that long awaited post... nothing fancy. I was going to add some pictures, but it's past my bedtime... So here goes nothing!
It's been months since I've written... Many things have changed for me.
My motto over 2010 has been "Expect Big Things." I don't know if this should be called a motto, a resolution or a hope. Regardless, this was something that was given to me/impressed on me sometime in January. This was later than usual, as my excitement usually starts sometime around now for the new year. I will tell you that Big Things have definitely happened this year.
My personal favorite: Maesyn Grace Wylie joined us on October 6th. For as much as it may have seemed to my husband that I complained, I truly loved being pregnant. And for as much as it may seem crazy to some, I'm loving being a mom and am excited to do it again one day. One of the best compliments I've received since Maesyn's birth is that I "look very comfortable in my new-found motherhood." I would say that for all the worries I had before Maesyn was born they vanished over the first few days of caring for her. This experience has by far been one of the best of my life.
This next one is an ongoing lesson for me. I realized in February that "Expect(ing) Big Things" didn't always mean they would be happy or pleasant things. In February, we had to put Brie, my first dog, down. This was just the beginning of tough things for me. This year has found my mother with a disease that doctors say there is no treatment for. She has been given a limited amount of time - much shorter than hopef for - bute we pray for spiritual and physical healing. God is the Great Physician. I pray that God will be glorified in my family's response to this circumstance, that we will be given the opportunity to minister to others through this. Please pray with me.
I love the way that God has moved in the lives of many of my friends and family. So many big things... and the year is not over yet. I am praying for what 2011's motto will be.
I hope to post more, getting back into the swing of things. For your reading pleasure, I am sharing my husband's new blog. He is such a wonderful father and writer, so here he is combining the two: http://smittenfather.wordpress.com. Enjoy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment