So on my way to work this morning I was listening to a sermon by Neil McClendon from Houston. He has such a simple and great way of expressing truth. I love the fact that he doesn't care to soften his message to make it comfortable or easy for his "flock." So listen if you can - he's great - he's challenging. The podcast is on iTunes - it's free.
So back to the message. A few times a year the reality of eternity and it's never ending state sinks in and I get an incredible sensation. I can't even really describe it. It just makes me step back and view my life from a different perspective.
I've been challenged to look at what satisfies me, what takes up my time, what I fill my life/time with. Combined with Stephanie's study on Hosea - I have been challenged to change the way I love...
Do I love to get love back?
Do I love so the other person will like me or feel special?
Do I love because that is what God calls me to do? For his glory?
Do I love with alterior motives? Any alterior motive?
Am I loving my husband?
Am I loving my neighbor?
Am I loving my family?
Am I loving my friends?
Am I loving how I want to love, by my definition or God's?
I am so greatful that the kindness of God draws me to repentance. That his love has sought me out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment