This week's lesson/challenge comes from Stephanie's blog. www.stephaniecherry.blogspot.com. In summary, she asked us to consider how we love, how we serve. Do we make a difference and would our absence be noticed or felt. By "our" I mean the church, and by the church I include myself. She talks about us only serving each other and being in our comfort zone. This is not how she says it, but this is how she spoke to me. This is me.... Her ending note was about what we get from the Word of God, the Holy Spirit and church messages - do we walk away feeling that it was a "great message" or do we walk away and do something about it.
This compounded a challenge from a different source to evaluate my relationship with Christ. Is my motive to sit at the table so that I can be blessed by him, to come to him and get all that I can - whether it be peace, joy, glory, riches (not just financial), heaven, salvation? Do I come just to get? Or do I come to be in relationship and in turn receive. I know it's a fine line in some cases, on some days... but this hurt. I remember a day where I came just for the relationship, and I always relished the fruit of that relationship. I cannot say the same for the last few months. I don't know when or how things changed - neglect is the only word I would have for it.
I'm going to end with thankfulness that I have been given the ability to hear and receive this challenge - and that there is something to be done about it. I don't want to live the "comfortable" life. I don't want to be anxious or worry over anything. I want to be in relationship and bring glory to God - that I may love him more than myself, more than my husband, more than family or friends. That I may be a reflection of him - and not just my idea of him. That I would speak truth even when it offends and will not be received. That I will not minimize or neglect my relationship with God or those he has put in my life. That this life would not be about "this life," but about Life.
OK. I just thought I'd share. It's a new day, with new opportunities. I am blessed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment