Saturday, October 31, 2009

The Noticer by Andy Andrews


This book is a fictional account of the journey of one man from homeless to success. It recounts the author's encounter with a mentor, Jones, who is able to provide a different perspective on life and circumstances that can consume, confuse and sometimes even control a person's life. The book covers, essentially, a town's response to Jones' different perspective and a call for change. It also shows the outcome of what real relationship can bring.
It is an easy read, though not a book I would recommend. The writing seems sometimes forced, but not bad at all. It offers logic as a base for change, and encourages readers to be who others want them to be in order to be successful. I enjoyed reading the encounters and hearing of Jones' perspective. However, I rarely agreed fully with Jones' "wisdom." I do not believe that it fully aligned with biblical truth and principles. It is dangerous to read partial truths.

I review for Thomas Nelson Book Review Bloggers

No comments:

Post a Comment