So, I loath house cleaning. Though I love a clean house. I think the part that I struggle with the most is that it feels like it's a never ending chore. One minute it's clean the next oh so dirty - and the kids aren't even here yet! Really I think most of it is due to our cat, O.W. He loves to leave his hair everywhere. I can spend a half hour sweeping, and less than a minute after I'm done I can see a tumble weed hair roll past me. I'm posting a picture of him so that you can see why we keep him around. He's very handsome. In this picture, he decided he was going to sit in my chair. I walked into the room and couldn't pass up this photo op.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand. I have this dear friend, Stormy, who recently sent me a copy of a book she's been using called "The Naturally Clean Home." She's replacing one cleaning product at a time, as she finishes up what she's already bought. I'm beginning this same journey. We are almost done with our store bought, liquid laundry detergent, and I just bought the ingredients for home made laundry soap. For about $20, I'm anticipating having naturally safe and clean detergent well into next year. I will keep you posted on how I like it, but as of right now, I'm already scoping out supplies for our next "replacement." I had a wood cleaner/pledge substitute highly recommended, but I think I'm going to start with an all purpose cleaner first.
I'm still wanting to post some updates on the new patio, the growing belly and what I've been learning - about being in the home and staying passionate and active in my relationship with God as I'm preparing for this little girl. I'm starting to work on a mission statement, and I'm still working finishing what I start. I also have pictures from our trip to New Mexico. I have to take a picture of where a tree branch decided to fall on our car just minutes after we got out of it. David was lucky it wasn't his head.
i, too, hate housecleaning. it's true it is a never ending task - you never get the sense of accomplishment...or if you do - it vanishes quickly.
ReplyDeleteyou have a friend named stormy too? i thought mine was the only one! and you are such a productive lady! i guess i shall follow suit ;)
ReplyDelete