Ahhh, I must confess... I love all these things. I am working at giving up more control. I find my "need" for it can make me a not very nice person.
Schedules and plans, however, I love; and I am trying to get better at them. My friend Stephanie recently blogged about how she get's done all she does in a day. It involved planning things out - so of course I loved it.
What her planning lead me to do was to begin making similar plans of my own - using her method and adapting it to my needs.
So I am proud to say that over this last week I have been more productive and consistent than I have been since I quit my job. I manage to find time for my quiet time, extra reading, house projects, house cleaning and more. I am usually ready for bed by the end of the day - but it feels like a full day, and I'm usually ready for the coming day.
This is basically the lists method, with emphasis on prioritizing the daily tasks that need to get done - making them first on the list. Then to continue on and list the tasks that you would like to work on and complete on that day. For me, there are times when tasks get moved to the next day, but not the important ones.
Anyway, I am just really excited about how well this is working for me. I think my husband is not as big a fan, as he is not really a planner - but he can and does appreciate how it changes my day! Especially since he now gets three homemade/cooked meals a day, on most days....
I would also add that even taking time to write this blog is part of my list. I do enjoy writing and sharing thoughts - I'm just not good at taking the time. So I am making the time. I plan to improve and hope to include more well thought out posts along with more pictures as I progress.
Anyway, thanks for sticking with me through this post. I really am very excited about how well this is working for me. For those interested in reading Stephanie's original post, here is the link: www.stephaniecherry.com/2010/06/all-in-days-work.html
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Good for you! I could take some tips from you. How's the church hunt?
ReplyDeletethree homemade meals a DAY??!! holy moly - don't let my Adam read this.
ReplyDelete